- Syntactic framework. Which build talks of the latest elements to possess specifying the fresh new certified demonstration syntax from RIF reasoning languages of the specializing the new presentation sentence structure of your own framework. The presentation sentence structure can be used during the RIF to define this new semantics of your own languages and teach area of the info that have examples. This syntax isn’t intended to be a tangible sentence structure to possess brand new dialects; it makes out details including the delimiters of the various syntactic portion, parenthesizing, precedence off operators, etc. As RIF is actually an interchange format, it spends XML as the only concrete sentence structure.
- Semantic construction. Brand new semantic build makes reference to the fresh mechanisms which can be utilized for specifying the varieties of RIF reason languages.
- XML serialization structure. That it design talks of the general values you to reasoning languages adultfriendfinder are to include in specifying their concrete XML-dependent syntaxes. For every dialect, their real XML sentence structure is actually a by-product of the dialect’s presentation syntax. It may be thought to be a serialization of the syntax.
- Constants and you will parameters. Such terms are all to the majority logic languages.
- Positional conditions. Such terms and conditions are commonly utilized in basic-buy reasoning. RIF-FLD defines positional terminology inside the a slightly a great deal more standard method for the acquisition make it possible for dialects having highest-purchase syntax, instance HiLog [CKW93] and you will Relfun [RF99].
- Terms having called objections. Talking about particularly positional words other than for every single disagreement regarding an excellent name is known as additionally the order of one’s objections is immaterial. Words which have titled arguments generalize the thought of rows in relational dining tables, in which column headings correspond to conflict names.
- Listings. These types of conditions match listings inside the logic coding, and generally are utilized in the essential Reason Dialect. Limited models of these terminology can be used in the Key Dialect and the Manufacturing Legislation Dialect.
- Frames. A-frame name stands for an assertion throughout the an item and its own qualities. These terminology match molecules away from F-logic [KLW95]. There was syntactic similarity ranging from terms and conditions having called objections and you will frames, as the characteristics (or features) of an object wind up as titled objections. not, this new semantics ones terminology are different (pick Area Semantic Structures).
- Group. These conditions are used to establish the subclass and group registration relationships. There have been two categories of category terms: registration terminology and you can subclass terms. Such structures, these types of conditions was basically borrowed of F-reasoning [KLW95].
- Equality. This type of conditions are used to equate other terminology.
pred:numeric-equal or pred:boolean-equal). Those predicates have fixed interpretations, which coincide with the interpretation of the equality terms defined in this document when the latter are evaluated over data types. General use of equality terms is supported in systems such as FLORA-2 [FL2], and special cases are also allowed in Relfun [RF99].
Terms are then used to define several types of RIF-FLD formulas. RIF dialects can choose to permit all or some of the aforesaid categories of terms. In addition, RIF-FLD introduces extension points, one of which allows the introduction of new kinds of terms. An extension point is a keyword that is not a syntactic construct per se, but a placeholder that is supposed to be replaced by specific syntactic constructs of an appropriate kind. RIF-FLD defines several types of extension points: symbols (NEWSYMBOL), connectives (), quantifiers (NEWQUANTIFIER), aggregate functions (NEWAGGRFUNC), and terms (NEWTERM).
However, outside of the data designs, this new translation of one’s equivalence conditions can vary which is computed by items in RIF records
Icon rooms partition the fresh new band of low-analytical signs that match private constants, predicates, and functions, and each partition is then offered its own semantics. An icon area keeps an identifier and you will an effective lexical room, which talks of the fresh new “shape” of one’s signs in that icon area. Specific symbol rooms for the RIF are accustomed to select Websites entities and their lexical place include chain you to definitely syntactically look like internationalized funding identifiers [RFC-3987], or Iris (age.g., Almost every other symbol rooms are acclimatized to portray the brand new datatypes required by RIF (such as for instance,